08 Oct 2019
PR & Communications
Swiss Modern Collection in Scandinavian rainbow colors
At the beginning of the year, Victorinox expanded its innovative Swiss Modern Collection to a total of five exclusive kitchen knives and a carving fork. Following the great popularity of the Swiss Modern wood collection, Victorinox now launches the collection with synthetic handles in fresh and classy Scandinavian colors.
Each of the five knives and the carving fork is available in an exclusive color, matching the current kitchen interior trends. The set provides the perfect combination for professional and amateur chefs alike. For long-standing connoisseurs of the collection, it is also available in classy black.
Maintaining the same functionality and elegance, the synthetic, anti-slip handles of these new colorful tools are made of convenient materials which are dishwasher safe and offer general easy care. The geometric shape of the handles creates a dynamic impact, imparting a contemporary feel to mankind’s oldest and most important tool whilst still boasting extraordinary robustness. As in the previous collection, the knives feature wear-resistant and stainless steel blades, fulfilling Victorinox’s very high quality standards. This aesthetic and discrete collection is a perfect set for any kitchen, aiding the chef to prepare everything at its best for a delightful evening with family and friends.
To start off the collection with synthetic handles, Victorinox launches six chef’s knives/tools and two sets - each with colored and black handles – along with an elegant black cutlery block. A further extension is already planned for 2020. All Swiss Modern products are lightweight, ergonomic and manufactured in Switzerland.
- The Office Knife, 15cm: The ideal knife to cut cleanly and effortlessly through all types of food, and with its slimline, precision-pointed blade, it is particularly well matched to smaller tasks like peeling and stalk or core removal.
- The Santoku Knife, fluted edge, 17cm: The Japanese-inspired Swiss Modern Santoku Knife is a truly efficient tool for the kitchen. Known as the ‘knife of the three virtues’ for its ability to effortlessly handle and slice through meat, fruit and vegetables, its 17-centimeter-long blade has a specially fluted edge to reduce friction and thus prevent food sticking to the blade.
- The Carving Knife, extra wide blade, 20cm: The ideal cutting companion with a razor-sharp edge that rarely requires sharpening, this knife promises both ease and efficiency when slicing cooked or grilled meat, or larger food items.
- The Carving Knife, 22cm: As the ultimate tool for the kitchen’s bigger cutting tasks, the Swiss Modern Carving Knife cuts cleanly and effortlessly through every type of food, making light work of slicing and dicing even large cuts of meat, fruit and vegetables.
- The Carving Fork, 15cm: It picks up meat with sharp prongs positioned for perfect precision and breaks ground for effortless slicing, every time.
- The Bread and Pastry Knife, 22cm: Baked goods are easily sliced and portioned with the Swiss Modern Bread and Pastry Knife. It also makes light work of tougher, hard-skinned vegetables such as artichokes.
- The Carving Set: The optimal combination of two great partners for effortless carving, because the finest meals deserve the best utensils. Carving Set (Carving Knife 22cm/Carving Fork), 2 pieces, in giftbox
- The Kitchen Set: For professional and hobby chefs alike the Bread and Pastry Knife and the Santoku Knife make a great combination. Kitchen Set (Bread and Pastry Knife 22cm/Santoku Knife 17cm) 2 pieces, in giftbox
Victorinox prides itself on more than 130 years of experience in the manufacturing of high-quality knives in Switzerland. Therefore, Victorinox offers a lifetime guarantee against any defects in material and workmanship. With the right equipment, cooking will become a joyful experience. Once you have experienced the difference, you will appreciate the design, ergonomics, sharpness and longevity of the Swiss Modern knives. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, improve your knife skills with tips from our experts here.
We take pride that expert chefs around the world trust Victorinox knives in their daily work. 2016’s Swiss Chef of the Year and recipient of 18 Gault Millau points, Nenad Mlinarevic, for example, has been using our knives since his apprenticeship: “A Victorinox knife was the first knife I held in my hands when I was 16 years old and starting my training. So I feel a special bond with this brand. These knives have been an authentic part of my journey so far”. He is now an official brand ambassador. Read more about his ambition and passion here.
Share this Article:
Share via e-mail
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error while trying to send your message. Please try again.